Sunday 14 October 2012

Keeping my fingers crossed


The past few days have witnessed some unusual activities going on in my life: I remain away from my phone, I remain away from the Social media,and yes,I remain away from the auto-rickshaws of the city,which are too dirty during this monsoon,so I prefer catching a bus instead of the rickshaw.

It's almost 2:30 in my watch and I'm attending my last lecture. As usual my bench mates are busy fighting,and I am almost physically involved in the fight. But mentally,I am still thinking of that same face,which I have been admiring for the past 24 hours now. This strange mental activity of guessing whether I'll meet her or not is going on on my mind "Yes,I'll meet her.. No,I won't",I'm almost sick of this thing now,but I just can't stop.
                                                                           ~
Yesterday,at this point of time,normal activities were going on. Listening to the professor and jotting down notes,fighting with the bench mates and seeing when it would be three and I'd get free. We got our first assignment to solve,and  I got a bit late due to the complacency filled work of the Xerox-Wallah. In haste,I reached the bus stop and caught the next bus,not knowing something pleasant was awaiting to happen.
                                                                          ~
It's 2:50 now,my heart is beating faster now,I am recollecting how she looks. If she competes in a beauty pageant,the probability that she'd win is a bit less than the probability that I'll ever bath more than twice a week. Yet,there's something about her personality that can make a guy go mad for her,perhaps her simplicity appeals a lot. Meanwhile,the final bell rings,and the day comes to an end. My heart has now begun to beat so fast that I suspect that the guy next to me will overhear it. I try to hurry up to the bus stop only before being stopped by the cultural secy.,she wanted to discuss about the freshers' party's theme with me,and I couldn't say no,the meeting would take half an hour,I suspect.
                                                                      ~
It was raining so I got a bit wet. I boarded up the bus,with my hair wet. I didn't get a place to sit and it was quite irritating. At the next stop,some people boarded off,but yet I didn't get a place,and now I thank god for that. She boarded up the bus,and it didn't take me much time to notice her. "Eyes,control yourself please" I told myself,but damn,I begun noticing every little thing about her,right from the small bells in her dupatta to the intricate border work of her dress. Her eyes were beautiful and they could easily drown anyone. While noticing her,I found out that she was looking at me, and I immediately,took my eyes off from her. Moments later,I tried to look at her and again the eye-contact happened,we both repulsed,but then this series of eye contacts took place for some time.
                                                                    ~
It is 3:15 now and I am desperately waiting for the discussion to get over,being passively involved in it,and this is the first time in my life that I trying to run away from responsibility-yes the responsibility of the Class representative. Abhilash and Jayati came up with almost six themes in the last 15 mins. and now we're discussing the feasibility of each of the theme,I am wondering if she could be there in the party as well. This is the most illogical part of getting a crush: you begin making imaginary situations and mind begins wandering without any sense.
                                                                   ~
Meanwhile two more stops came,I was too busy noticing her so as to realize which seats are getting vacant. Suddenly I saw one of the seats getting empty,she rushed towards it and so did I. She got seated and before I could occupy the seat next to her,an elderly person,almost of the age of my grand father,requested me for the seat. I relented without any complaints,I somehow could feel like he was my own grand father. Meanwhile,I noticed her smiling,perhaps she was impressed. I had to get off at the next stop and I felt a sudden gloom,I didn't wanted to get off,but I had to! I got off at the next stop and dared to do something which I was thinking of in my mind: I smiled and waved her good bye. This happened almost spontaneously,sometimes your body goes out of the control of your mind! To my surprise,she too waved me good bye from the window. I almost fainted,perhaps sometimes one meeting is enough to fall for someone.
                                                                 ~
It's 3:35 now,we're finally done with the meeting and the theme and dress code. I am in the same bus in which we met coincidentally. Currently,I am standing at the same place where I was standing yesterday. It's raining a bit,and the weather is cool and romantic. The bus has halted on the very stop from which she boarded up the bus. With each person getting up,my heart beat is increasing,"will she come or not" is the question going on in my mind right now. Let's see what happens (Fingers crossed)
This post is a part of Write Over the Weekend, an initiative for Indian Bloggers by BlogAdda

No comments:

Post a Comment